[VIDEO] The Rubber-Keyed Wonder
last post by Jitendar Canth
Blakes 7 coming to Blu-Ray
last post by marksparks999

Page 1 of Thread closed by moderator - wrong forum

General Forum

Thread closed by moderator - wrong forum

Zorius (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 6th August 2001, 09:31

When i play Metallica`s "Cunning Stunts" DVD i get some horizontal black lines when the scenes go quickly from one to another like in an action sequence when one scene zips to another where there are people running around, can anyone tell me what causes these black lines.

I am playing this Region 1 DVD on a PAL system with a drive that has been made multi-region, Pioneer dvd-105.

Thanks for your help.

This item was edited on Monday, 6th August 2001, 10:13

RE: Black lines across fast moving scenes in my Region 1 Metallica dvd

SilverSun (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 6th August 2001, 10:04

I get a similar thing with some Region 1 disks - I use a Matsui DVD 110.

On some films I get a lot of black/white lines a bit like ghosting - the films play in colour and are watchable, it;s just a bit annoying at times.

They were fine on my old TV (Daewoo 4:3) but since I bought a widescreen one (thomson) it`s starting happening on most of my Region 1 disks (for some reason Army of darkness is fine - `The Cell` and `X-Men` are two of the worst).

I`ve tried it with my parents DVD player too and it still does it so I`m pretty sure it`s the TV and not the player.

The only useful thing I`ve noticed is that it doesn`t happen so much if I use a standard audio/video connector (the yellow/red/white plugs) - it seems a lot worse when its played through RGB scart so it might be worth trying that (although the picture in general won`t be quite as good but the difference is minimal).

Zorius (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 6th August 2001, 10:12

Thanks for the advice, at the moment i`m just running it through my dvd-ROM drive to my monitor, only a crappy 14 inch Packard Bell one. I`m thinking of using the video out on my Real Magic Hollywood Plus DVD Decoder Card to output to TV, i want to get a Widescreen 16:9.

Will this make a difference being outputted to TV instead of on a Monitor, i`ve heard people say that playback has been less than desireable on a monitor than TV, so maybe this will solve my problem?

clayts (Elite) posted this on Monday, 6th August 2001, 10:13

Hi Zorius and welcome to the DVD Reviewer Forums.

The forums are divided into six distinct categories for ease of posting. Your particular query is probably better suited to the Software Forum, as it relates to a problem you are having with a specific disc. It`s also good that you`ve mentioned your player, as this helps us all out too.

Unfortunately, I don`t have the ability to move a whole thread over at present, so I`m afraid you`ll need to copy and paste your posting into a new thread at the Software Forum.

You may want to tap in "Metallica" into the search facility at the top of the Software Forum too - I`m sure the Cunning Stunts DVD has been mentioned before on these forums.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Clayts

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads